1. INTRODUCTORY SUBJECT Taxi-Now has developed a shared economy traveling platform which is accessible on our website a mobile application platform. The idea is designed to put drivers traveling to any given destination in contact with passengers going in the same direction, in order to enable them to share the cost of travel, ease the stress of passenger/drivers at pick-up locations and make social traveling better with more fun. These terms and conditions have the purpose of governing all access and the use of its Platform. Please read them carefully. You understand and recognize that Taxi-Now is not a party to any agreement, contract, or contractual relations, of any nature, entered into between the Members of its Platform that is outside our ride control policies. By clicking on “register” it’s taken that you understand all the terms and conditions bordering our community travel platform and as such bar responsibility to any sanction for defaulting.
2. DEFINITIONS OF SOME TERMS: In this document, “Advert” means an advertisement about a Trip posted on the Platform by a Driver; “T&Cs” means these Terms and Conditions; “Account” means the account that must be created in order to become a Member and access certain services offered by the Platform. “Facebook Account” means your social media facebook connection to Taxi-Now. “Driver” means the Member using the Platform, to offer to transport another individual in exchange for the Cost Contribution, for a Trip and at a time defined by the Driver alone; “Booking Confirmation” has the meaning given to it in Article 4. “Stop-Over” means a place of temporary stoppage to drop-off or pick up a Taxi-Now member. “Member Content” has the meaning given to it in Article 11 below “Service Fee” this is the negligible deductible fee while booking a ride. “Member” means any individual having created an account on the Platform; “Passenger” means the Member having accepted the offer to be transported by the Driver or, where applicable, the person on whose behalf a Member has booked a Seat; “Cost Contribution” means, for a given Trip, the sum of money requested by the Driver and accepted by the Passenger for his contribution to the travel costs; “Seat” means the seat booked by a Passenger in the Driver’s vehicle; “Platform” has the meaning given to it in Article 1 above. “Booking” has the meaning given to it in Article 4 below “Services” means all services delivered by Taxi-Now via the Platform; “Trip” means the journey subject of an Advert published by a Driver on the Platform, and for which he agrees to transport Passengers in exchange for the Cost Contribution;
5. FINANCIAL CONDITIONS Know that access to and registration on the Taxi-Now Platform, as well as searching, viewing and posting Ride Adverts, are free of charge. However, the Booking is charged under the conditions described below. 5.1. Ride Cost Contribution: The Cost Contribution is determined as a Shared responsibility of our community. It is strictly prohibited to profit in any way from using our Platform. The goal of the platform is helping one another ease the economic burden of travelling by sharing rides and aiding te fueling and other basic benefit of ride offers. When you post an Advert, Taxi-Now will suggest an amount for the Cost Contribution based on mileage use of your petrol/gas, which notably takes account of the nature of the Trip and the distance travelled. This amount is given purely as a guideline and takes into account of the costs you actually incur on the Trip. To avoid abuse, Taxi-Now limits the possibility of adjustment of the Cost Contribution. 5.2. Taxi-Now VAT/Service Fees: For all Rides on Taxi-Now, in exchange for use of the Platform, at the time of Booking, shall collect service fees/VAT (i.e. Value added Tax Service Fee) calculated on the basis of the Cost Contribution. The Service Fees and VAT are collected by Taxi-Now for each Seat subject of a Booking by a Passenger. In the case of cross-border journeys, please note that the methods of calculation of the amount of the Service Fees and the applicable VAT vary according to the residence of the Passenger. 5.4. Method of Payment and Cost Contribution to the Driver: 5.4.1. Method of Payment: In using our platform, one must be able and ready to make online payment either through mobile app transfer, ATM transfer etc. all bookings consequently are made on the platform with multiple payments available through our Taxi-Now personal ID provision. The Cost Contributions received by Taxi-Now are deposited in an account dedicated to payment of the Drivers. You recognize and accept that none of the monetary contributions received by Taxi-Now in the name and on behalf of the Taxi-Now Drivers gives entitlement to Taxi-Now company interest. You agree to respond diligently to any request of Taxi-Now, and more generally of any administrative or court authority competent particularly in the prevention or combating of money laundering. Notably, you agree to provide, on simple request, any useful evidence of address and/or identity. In the absence of response to these requests, Taxi-Now may take any measure it deems appropriate, notably freezing of the sums paid and/or suspension of your Account and/or termination of these T&Cs. 5.4.2. Payment of the Cost Contribution to the Driver: Once after the Shared Trip, the Passengers shall have a period of 24 hours after the end of the Trip to submit a claim on the Trip to Taxi-Now in the case of any breach of travel rules. In the absence of claim of the Passengers within this period, Taxi-Now shall consider the Trip confirmed. However, rating is very vital to accessing our members and solving any indecent actions during the community travel. From the time of this express or tacit confirmation, you shall have, as Driver, a credit payable on your Account less than 48 hours after the trip. This credit corresponds to the total amount paid by the Passenger at the time of confirmation of the Booking minus the VAT/Service Fees. I.e. Only the Cost Contribution paid by the Passenger(s). However during weekend, the payment is made transferable to your account on the first working day of the week. Any other hold-up during holidays will be swiftly made available at maximum of 48 hours after travel.
6. NON-COMMERCIAL AND NON-BUSINESS PURPOSE OF THE SERVICES AND THE PLATFORM You agree to use the Services and the Platform only to be put into contact, on a non-business and non-commercial basis, with people wishing to share a Trip with you. Taxi-Now is a non-profit making platform that is for the bass of sharing economic burden by sharing rides. As Driver, you agree not to request a Cost Contribution higher than the costs you actually incur and that may generate a profit, being specified that in the context of a cost sharing, you have to bear as a Driver your own part of the costs induced by the Trip. Taxi-Now reserves the right to suspend your Account in the case where you use a chauffeur-driven or other business vehicle or taxi, or a company car, and due to this, generate a profit from the Platform. Taxi-Now also reserves the right to suspend your Account, limit your access to the Services, or terminate these T&Cs, in the case of activity by you on the Platform which, owing to the nature of the Trips offered, their frequency, the number of passengers carried and the Cost Contribution requested, entails a situation of profit for you, or for any reason suggesting to Taxi-Now that you are generating a profit on the Platform.
7. Each job there is a 1% driver commission fee which is for the running and maintenance of the app. There is a payment fee set by the payment processor company. If the passenger hasn't arrived after 5 minutes the driver will receive the cancellation fee which is set at £5.00.
9. TERMS OF REFERRALS AND BONUSES Taxi-Now reward system is mainly by choice upon understanding of its terms and benefits. You should also recognize that our reward system is subject to re-view every 3 to 6 months to re-adjust to the current trend, influx, qualifications and conditions off the Taxi-Now platform. NOTE: Taxi-Now reserves the right to suspend your bonuses, rewards and incentives in the cases of where there is breach of trust, abuse, indecent behaviour that affects the safety and integrity of the platform. Further explanations is at Frequently Asked Questions
10. SUSPENSION OF USER’S ACCOUNT, LIMITATION OF ACCESS AND DEACTIVATIONS. Taxi-Now reserves the right to suspend a defaulter’s account and limit the use of the platform like being unable to book and post ride adverts. The company has the prerogative to terminate any fraudulent account to keep the community ride platform safe and protected. You too can terminate your contractual relations with Taxi_Now at any time, without cost and without reason. To do this, simply go to the “Close my account” tab of your Profile page. However, know that you ant re-open an account again with us once your account is de-activated. In the event of breach by you of these T&Cs, has genuine reason to believe that it is necessary to secure members data, the community travel platform, protect its security and its integrity, that of third parties, or for the purpose of prevention of fraud or investigations, Taxi-Now reserves the right to: i.Suspend your Account temporarily for days or weeks depending on the severity of offence. ii.Limit your access and your use of the Platform. Mostly in cases of abuse and hostility. iii.Prevent the posting of or remove any review, Advert, message, content, booking request, or any content posted by you on the Platform. iv.Terminate the T&Cs binding you with Taxi-Now immediately and without notice; and/or inform you. When this is necessary, you will be notified of the establishment of such measure in order to enable you to give explanations to Taxi-Now. Only then can your petition be examined then final decision on your Account taken.
12. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS 12.1. All Content published by Taxi-Now: Subject to all the contents provided by its Members, Taxi-Now is the sole holder of all intellectual property rights relating to the use of its Service, the Platform, its content (notably texts, images, designs, logos, videos, sounds, data, and graphics) and to the software and databases ensuring their operation and security. Taxi-Now only grants you a non-exclusive, personal and non-transferable right to use the Platform and the Services, for your personal and private use, on a non-profit and non-commercial basis and in compliance with the purposes of the Platform and the Services. You are prohibited from any other use or exploitation of the Platform and Services, and their content, without the prior written permission of Taxi-Now. Understandably, you are prohibited from: i.Modifying, reproducing, adapting, distributing, publicly representing and disseminating the Platform, the Services and the content, with the exception of that expressly authorized by Taxi-Now. ii.Reverse and decompiling engineering the Platform or Services, subject to the exceptions stipulated by the texts in force. iii.Extracting or attempting to extract (notably using data mining robots or any other similar data collection tool) a substantial part of the data of the Platform. 12.2. Content posted by you on the Platform: To aid the provision of our community Services, and in compliance with the purpose of the Platform, you grant Taxi-Now a non-exclusive license to use the content and data you provide in the context of your use of the Services (hereinafter referred to as your “Member Content”). In order to enable Taxi-Now to distribute via the digital network and in accordance with any communication protocol (notably internet and mobile network), and to provide the content of the Platform to the public, you authorize Taxi-Now, for the whole world and throughout the duration of your contractual relations with Taxi-Now, to reproduce, represent, adapt and translate your Member Content as follows: i.You authorize Taxi-Now to reproduce all or part of your Member Content on any digital recording media, known or as yet unknown, and notably on any server, hard disk, memory card, or any other equivalent media, in any format and by any process, known or as yet unknown, to the extent necessary to any operation of storage, backup, transmission or download linked to the operation of the Platform and the provision of the Service; ii.You authorize Taxi-Now to adapt and translate your Member Content, and to reproduce these adaptations on any digital media, current or future, stipulated in point above, with the aim of providing the Services, notably in different languages. This right notably includes the option to make modifications to the formatting of your Member Content, with respect for your moral right, for the purposes of respecting the graphics charter of the Platform and/or making it technically compatible with a view to its publication via the Platform.
13. THE DUTY OF Taxi-Now The Platform constitutes an online networking platform on which the Members can create and post Adverts for Trips for the purposes of sharing the ride with the community members. These Adverts can notably be viewed by the other Members to find out the terms of the Trip, and where applicable, to directly book a Seat in the vehicle in question with the Member having posted the Advert on the Platform. In the use of this Platform and in accepting these T&Cs, you recognize that Taxi-Now is not party to any agreement entered into between you and the other Members with a view to sharing the costs relating to a Trip. Taxi-Now has no control over the behaviour of its Members and the users of the Platform. It does not own, exploit, supply or manage the vehicles subject of the Adverts, and it does not offer any Trips on the Platform. However, we go extra mile to analyze information to prevent ill-fated persons from having their way and deal with any defaulter. You recognize and accept that Taxi-Now does not control the validity, truthfulness or legality of the Adverts, Seats and Trips offered. Taxi-Now holds the capacity of an intermediary and does not provide any transport service and does not act in the capacity of carrier; the role of Taxi-Now is limited to facilitating access to the Platform. The Members (Drivers and Passengers) act under their full sole responsibility. In its capacity of intermediary, Taxi-Now cannot be held liable for the effective occurrence of a Trip, and notably owing to: i.Erroneous information communicated by the Driver in his Advert, or by any other means, with regard to the Trip and its terms. ii.Cancellation or modification of a Trip by a Member. Missing your rides or running late. iii.The behaviour of its Members during, before or after the Trip.
14. OPERATION, AVAILABILITY AND FUNCTIONALITIES OF THE PLATFORM Taxi-Now shall try as far as possible to maintain the Platform accessible 7 days a week and 24 hours a day. Nevertheless, access to the Platform may be temporarily suspended, without notice, owing to technical maintenance, migration or update operations, or owing to outages or constraints linked to the operation of the network. Furthermore, Taxi-Now reserves the right to modify or suspend all or part of access to the Platform or its functionalities, at its sole discretion, temporarily or permanently.
15. CANCELLATION POLICY 7.1. Terms of repayment in the case of cancellation: This policy covers every form of drivers and passengers not travelling and cancellation policies. The cancellation of a Seat on a Trip with Booking by the Driver or the Passenger after Booking Confirmation is subject to the stipulations hereunder: In the case of cancellation owing to the Driver: The Passenger(s) is refunded the whole of the sum paid (i.e. the Cost Contribution and the related Service Fees). This is notably the case when Driver cancels a Trip or has not arrived at the meeting point 5 minutes after the agreed time will incur a £5 cancellation fee. In the case of cancellation owing to the Passenger: i. If the Passenger cancels more than 24 hours before the planned departure time as mentioned in the Ride Offer/Advert, the Passenger shall be refunded the Full Cost of Contribution except Service Fees are retained by Taxi-Now. ii. If the Passenger cancels within 24 hours or less before the planned departure time as mentioned in the Ride Offer/Advert, The Passenger shall be refunded half the Cost Contribution paid at the time of Booking, the Service Fees are retained. Taxi-Now gives the Driver the remaining 50% of the Cost Contribution. iii. If the Passenger cancels after the planned departure time as mentioned in the Advert, or if he has not arrived at the meeting place 30 minutes after the agreed time, no refund shall be issued. The Driver shall be compensated with the whole of the Cost Contribution and the Service Fees are kept by Taxi-Now. iv.If you booked traveling within the last remaining 24 hour, and cancel at least more than 1 hour before departure, we will give you 100% refund. . 7.2. Right of withdrawal policy You have no right of withdrawal from the time of Booking Confirmation provided the Contract between you and Taxi-Now consisting of putting you in contact with another Member has been fully executed. You have to fully follow through on your ride offers or make any adjustments with prior knowledge to Taxi-Now and members who have booked the ride.